- HealthInfoLine – 24/7 Access to Registered Nurses
- Did you know that 55% of ER visits are not necessary?
- One simple call to our nurse line can provide plan members with advice on health care decisions, treatment education, and information on hundreds of health and wellness topics.
- Nurse Advice and Assistance
- Registered Nurses available around the clock to assist plan members in making healthcare decisions. No question is too minor, no concern too small
- Guidance about self-treatment at home
- Immediate or scheduled visit to their physicians office
- Triage to Urgent or Emergency Care
- Cost Savings for the Health Plan and Member
- Redirection of care to the appropriate setting avoids unnecessary ER and urgent care visits and the associated member copays.
- Health Information Resources Include:
- Schmitt/Thompson Protocols
- Online Audio Library
- Online Text Library
- Medline Plus Health Topics
- All Linked to MCM’s Website
- 39% of Callers Intended to go to ER, Urgent Care or call 911. Of these…
- 24% Redirected to a Physician Office Visit;
- 18% Redirected to Home Care
- 61% of Callers Intended to Call or See their Physician. Of these…
- 28% Redirected to Home Care