Preventive Care Compliance Program
- Educate members about age and gender appropriate preventive tests and care
- Monitor member compliance for participating in various preventive test and care over the period of a calendar year.
- Member will be notified via letter, the month of their birthday, that they should receive specific, age appropriate preventive tests or care within the next calendar year.
- If the tests or care are not completed within six months, member will be notified via letter and reminded to obtain the appropriate preventive tests or care.
- MCM will provide an annual report to client that will measure program compliance by procedure.
Letters to Member
- Initial Educational Letter will be sent to the member during the month of their birthday.
- Letter will explain that the member is entitled to have one or more gender and age appropriate tests or care during the next calendar year.
- Letter will stress the importance of receiving the recommended tests or care.
- MCM will track for member compliance in obtaining recommended preventive care or testing.
- MCM will send a reminder letter to the member if they did not receive the recommended tests or care with in six months of the initial letter.
- In the case of minor dependents the letter will be sent to the parents or legal guardians.
Recommended Preventive Care Tests and Care
- The following procedures will be tracked
- Colon cancer screening: age 50 and older
- Glaucoma screen: age 65 and older
- PSA or DRE: males age 50 and older
- Breast Cancer Screening: women between ages 40-69
- Chlamydia Screening: women ages 16-25
- Child Physical Exam: age 3-7
- Child Physical Exam: age 8-12
- Child Physical Exam: age 13-21
- MCM will issue an annual report in January of each year that will report compliance results by procedure and age group