As you being your journey toward better heart health keep these things in mind:
- Don’t become overwhelmed. Every step brings you closer to a healthier heart.
- Don’t go it alone. Ask friends and family to join you.
- Don’t get discouraged. You may not be able to take all of the steps at one time. Get a good night’s sleep and do what you can tomorrow.
- Reward yourself. Find fun things to do to decrease your stress.
Plan for Prevention:
- Eat a heart healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables and low sodium.
- Maintain a healthy weight by exercising regularly.
- Monitor your Blood Pressure.
- Be smoke-free.
- Limit alcohol use. Men should stick to no more than two drinks per day, and women to no more than one.
- Have your cholesterol checked.
- Manage your diabetes and take your medicine.