Case Management Rights and Responsibilities
As a participant in the care management programs, members have the right to:
- Be educated about their rights;
- Be informed of choices regarding services;
- Have input into the case management plan;
- Refuse treatment or services, including case management services and the implications of such refusal relating to benefits eligibility and/or health outcomes;
- Use end of life and advance care directives;
- Obtain information regarding the organization’s criteria for case closure;
- Receive notification and a rationale when case management services are changed or terminated; and
- Obtain information on alternative approaches when the consumer, family and/or caregiver is unable to fully participate in the assessment phase.
- File a complaint regarding the case management program by contacting Clinical Operations at 800-367-9938, or in writing at: 200 W. Monroe, Suite 1850, Chicago, IL 60606.
Members have the responsibility to:
- Accurately and completely disclose relevant information and notify MCM Solutions for Better Health of any changes.
- Become involved in individually specific health care decisions.
- Work collaboratively with MCM Solutions for Better Health representatives in developing goals and implementing interventions to manage their condition.
- Work collaboratively with health care providers in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans.
- Make a good-faith effort to maximize healthy habits, such as exercising, not smoking and eating a healthy diet.
- Abide by the administrative and operational procedures of our case management program.